On August 9th at 5 PM, developers, designers, product managers and others will come together for 24 hours to create applications to combat climate change. This event is open to everyone with an idea so don’t worry if you do not have a technical background. Teams can be formed during the day to bring the best ideas together.
The themes for the hackathon are:
- Expanding local energy resources
- Reduce Energy Consumption at Home and at Work
- Data Visualization and Mashups
The hackathon winner will be announced during our Grand Finale on August 10th @ 5 PM and will win a week’s worth of satellite time, courtesy of Nanosatisfi, with access to camera, magnetometer, gyroscope, accelerometer, Infrared Temperature Sensor and others . Additionally, the winning hackers that uses Rally.org API gets to work at the RallyPad co-working space for 4 months for free.
Take a minute to support our hackathon by donating a few dollars here to supply food, security, and other essentials.
1 week’s worth of satellite time, courtesy of Nanosatisfi, with access to camera, magnetometer, gyroscope, accelerometer, Infrared Temperature Sensor and others.
Rallypad Office Space
RallyPad co-working space for 4 months for free.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Participants: Individuals (over 18 years in age)
- Teams: we encourage teams no larger than 3 individuals
- Categories: follow the guidelines provided in one of the three "themes" on our website
- What to create: functioning software applciation, demonstration videos, or screenshots
- Platforms: iOS, mobile, web, Mac, or Windows
How to enter
- Sign up here.
- Create any application (web, mobile, consumer, commercial, etc.) using our supplied APIs to create combat climate change.
Potential Environmental Impact